Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Humble Opinion

As I begin my journey into political commentary, I only find it fair to tell you about me and my ideals. My name is David and I'm not that old, although my hair loss my change that soon. I was born in the south and move to Nebraska when I started high school. I have spent some time in South America and loved it. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been is a canyon in Argentina where I met an actual gaucho who lived in a hut consisting of board slats and a corrugated tin roof.
My father was an officer in the Army and moved into the civilian world as a computer programmer while my mother stayed home to take care of me and my 6 siblings. We always got by, but some times were better than others.
As for my political views, they are influenced by a thousand different things, one of the most important is my religious views. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will not apologize for that. I support my church and believe that each person has the right to support which ever religion they feel is right. I do understand that I may not be right in everything I do or say, but that is a reflection of me and not my church, and I hold others to the same standard. I believe that there are many out there who ascribe to different religions that do wonderful things. Service is a God like attribute regardless of who is providing the service.
I am not, nor do I claim to be endorsed by my church. We believe that each one of us have the right and responsibility to become active in our community and government. I do my best to take each principle I am taught, study it, and decided for myself if the principle is correct. However, my opinions are my own. They reflect my views. When it comes to my religious views, I will refer you to religious leaders. Politics, however are different. We believe that we all have the ability to study a situation and come to our own decision as to the correct path to follow. There are many different views out there, most of them work just as well as the others, and it is possible to disagree politically with another, and still be members of the same religion.
I look forward to your comments. I hope that not only will I spark your interest in politics, but that I will provoke conversation about your community. And if I am very lucky, maybe we will move someone to action.

No comments: